Archive | August, 2013

Albion Great War 003

The Albion Inn, Albion Street, Chester

Tours, Saturday 14 September 2013, 3pm and 4.30pm Built in the late 19th century, The Albion is Chester’s last unspoilt Victorian public house dedicated to the Great War.  Many items of memorabilia are housed in the bar including a 1928 Pianola Steck, which can be played on request. The Albion is a short walk from […]

Continue Reading
illuminated etc

Grosvenor Lodge Roll of Honour

The Loyal Earl Grosvenor Lodge No 2373 of the Independent Order of Oddfellows was established in 1840 in Pulford and originally met at the Talbot Inn, later moving to the Village Rooms. At that time the title Earl Grosvenor was held by Richard Grosvenor who became the second Marquess in 1845. The Roll of Honour […]

Continue Reading

Built by the Marketing Team at Cheshire West and Chester Council  |